Sunset Safe Sales and Service – COVID-19 Procedures
Governor Inslee has unveiled a four-phase plan to reopen Washington state’s economy. Phase One states that automotive dealers can resume retail delivery of new and used vehicles under strict safety requirements. After careful review of these policies, Sunset Auto Family has developed a process that meets and exceeds state requirements and CDC recommendations. This ‘new normal’ is a part of our Sunset is Safe initiative and designed to keep you and your family healthy & safe while servicing your automotive needs. This page is updated regularly as new information becomes available and we move through the state’s four-phase plan. (Last updated 9/1/2020.) In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our staff will have their temperature taken prior to beginning work. Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked to return home until they have been evaluated by a health care provider. For the next part, we will need your help. State regulations mandate all persons, staff and customers must wear a face covering in public spaces and maintain a minimum six-foot distance between people at all times. During your visit to the dealership, we ask that you respect state guidelines and wear a face covering. Showrooms & service waiting areas are now open to anyone following state guidelines on social distancing and face coverings.
Sunset service centers are open Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. We have implemented new measures as a part of our Sunset is Safe Program.
Please carefully read the new steps to getting your vehicle serviced.
1. Walk-ins are welcome, but we strongly suggest you make an appointment as most days are booked completely in advance. You can make an appointment online or over the phone (253) 321-5771.
2. We have resumed vehicle drop-off inside the service showroom. We ask that you please follow all state guidelines regarding social distancing and face coverings inside our facility. If you are unable to wear a face covering or chose not to, we will accommodate you through an outdoor check-in and check-out process along with providing a covered outdoor waiting bench. There is also a key dropbox if you wish to drop your vehicle off outside of normal business hours. Use the form and envelope to drop keys off and describe the service you need.
3. Questions about your service and updates will be done over the phone, by text or email.
4. We have resumed taking payments in person. We ask that you please pay using credit or debit to avoid contact through cash transactions. If you would prefer to be more cautious and pay credit or debit over the phone, you may do so.
5. Our indoor service waiting areas are now open and the state requires social distancing and face coverings. We also have a shuttle, rental car options & service loaners (must book in advance) for those who are unable to wait for their service to be complete. Speak with your service advisor if you would like to use our shuttle or have a rental car arranged.
We are also working around the clock to regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in all Sunset Auto Family dealerships. For the safety of everyone, all Sunset employees are adhering to all CDC and Washington state guidelines and best practices. If you have any questions, please contact us directly by calling (253) 321-5771.Schedule Service
- Vehicle Research & Inventory Selection: Our showrooms are now open, and we can assist you in person with vehicle research and inventory selection. We ask that you please wear a face covering at all times during your visit & maintain six feet of social distance whenever possible.
- Test Driving: At this time, sales representatives are not able to join you on your test drive. They will be available before and after to answer any questions you have. Please have your driver's license and proof of insurance ready prior to your test drive.
- Vehicle Appraisals: If you plan on trading in a vehicle, you are welcome to save time and start the process online. If you choose to start online, one of our Internet Response Team members will contact you to confirm details of your vehicle, provide an estimate based on those details and set an appointment for full appraisal if necessary. You are also welcome to stop by our dealership anytime during normal business hours for an appraisal.
- Financing & Paperwork: If you plan on leasing or financing your vehicle, you will need to complete a credit application online. A staff member will be available to guide you through the application over the phone, via two-way video conference or in person at their desk if you would like. Once financing is secured, you will have the opportunity to review warranty and maintenance package options with our finance manager. Once all your financing and secondary warranty decisions are made, we will prepare your final paperwork. Physical signatures are required by the State of Washington for all automotive transactions (even cash deals). Paperwork can be brought to you or signed at the dealership at the time of delivery.
- Vehicle Delivery: While you are finalizing paperwork, your vehicle will be sent to detail to be prepped for you to take home. As a part of our Sunset is Safe initiative, every vehicle is treated with an EPA-approved hospital-grade disinfectant fog that provides lasting anti-microbial benefits for up to 30 days. This treatment kills 99% of bacteria, viruses, mold and other microbes and is applied to the entire interior of the vehicle. It is odorless and hypoallergenic so you will not even notice it is there once dried.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times. Although many of these measures may seem over the top, they are in place to help protect the health and safety of everyone who comes to a Sunset Auto Family location. If you would like even more details about additional precautions we are taking behind the scenes, please call us today!